Sunday, August 20, 2017

My Dreams in the Form of a Shop: www.DaintyLittleGarden.etsy.com

It has been a long time dream of mine to give my artistic endeavors a full go and to pursue art as a full time job and see where it goes.  I had never allowed myself to freedom to try it, in part due to my not having the confidence in my ability to do so, and in part due to my listening to the well-meaning naysayers in my midst.  Nevertheless, the dream lived on and my drive and confidence grew, and I have decided that that time is NOW to "do or die" trying.

Latest creations in the works.

So what does it mean to live as an artist?  What is my style, and where do I find inspiration?

These are all questions that are a work in progress, but I am sure going to have some fun finding out!

I know I am a bit late in the market for trends that I spotted years ago (i.e. the invisible clip earring trend), but I seek to bring to the market something new - my individuality.

And I am confident that in the midst of creation, I will discover who I am and what makes my own voice unique.



On my palm for scale

People who know me never believe me when I tell them that I am actually a shy person.  I think that people tend to confuse being friendly with being outgoing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely a social creature.  I love making friends and getting to know people, but I won't be the first to say "hi" and get to know someone unless I force myself to.  And yes, it really is a matter of "forcing" myself to do so.

One of the ways I put myself out there is through my art.  It's always nice to meet people with similar interests and talents and it is always a pleasure to meet those who have made it pursuing their passion in life, whatever it may be.


I have long envied those who find and pursue their passion - whether it be the willingness to stand in blood soaked new shoes for an entire day for an unpaid acting role (*a nod to my brother Kevin - https://www.facebook.com/KevinYoungActor/*); standing all day cutting and styling hair while experiencing an incredibly difficult pregnancy, or try three (*a nod to my friend Kasumi Grillo - http://www.kasumigrillo.com/*); being inspired by an office visit by a massage therapist to quit your day job and begin a full time pursuit of bodywork, which leads you to your true passion in life - rolfing (*a nod to the amazing Susannah Myrvold - https://www.larolfing.com/*); simultaneously pursuing silversmithing, bodywork, and life-coaching (*a nod to the superstar Stevie Duren* - https://www.etsy.com/shop/enchantedsilverworks and http://blissbodyworkjh.com/*); or spending your lifetime teaching others so that they may learn to enjoy, appreciate and strengthen their bodies (*a nod to my mentor and the world's most amazing Pilates teacher Michele Sheinbaum*).  But, envy no more will I, as I take the plunge and join them!

So, without further ado... **drum roll** my shop:  www.DaintyLittleGarden.etsy.com.

XoXo,

Joyce


1 comment:

  1. Your talent is incredible and new shop is absolutely adorable! Congrats Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete