Friday, August 25, 2017

Flashback Friday and a Sneak Peek for Next Week

What better way to take it easy at home while nursing a vicious cold than going through some of my past creations. :)


I had so much fun making this ring.  It all started when I was exploring making my own polymer canes.  I created the blue base as part of what would later become flower petals and decided that it would make a great looking pond in a ring.  

At first I was thinking about making a koi pond, and then I added a bunch of colorful flowers and some Swarvoski crystals, and this is what I got. 

It reminds me of a reflecting pool.  It is so amazing what is created when we just go with the flow and see where life takes us.




This was one of my very first creations.  I was very into the harajuku and decoden style at the time, but wanted to give it my own glamorous, sparkly twist.  Making this necklace took a lot of thought and much trial and error.  I made each one of the glass covered discs unique (AB porcelain roses, metal roses, rose cabochons, faux pearl hearts, crystals, and more) and surrounded the rose centerpiece with both faux pearl cabochons and Swarovski crystals.

I truly love creating one-of-a-kind pieces, even if all the business journals and guidelines I have been reading tell me that that is not the way to go.  Time will tell, but I will definitely be making one-of-a-kind pieces all the time.

In case you couldn't tell, pink is one of my favorite colors! 

A few of my miniature doll figurines from when I discovered braided and multicolored hair! :)

 When I got the idea to make my very first miniature doll, the name "Megumi" literally came to me in a dream.  When I looked up the meaning of the word (which I had never heard before), I discovered that it meant "blessing" or "grace."  Pretty cool, huh?

I have since made these little dolls into lucky charms for my necklaces and bracelets (coming soon due to popular demand!) and hope that they will bring joy, luck, and love to their owners!





And on that note... here is one of my little dolls today!  I have named this one Persephone!  She's got gorgeous pink, purple, and lilac hair and has a hot pink flower and Swarovski crystals in her hair.

I have even made a little companion for my dolls! :)  He's not a charm, but a cute miniature friend, nevertheless.

Perhaps an inspiration for dolls with companions! (coming soon?????)

Keep an eye out for sister and best friend necklaces (my latest idea) coming soon to my store!


XoXo,

Joyce


No comments:

Post a Comment